Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Gollywhopper Games by Jody Feldman

 Probably my most recent read. It's an incredible book of puzzles, but also people of different strengths and (of course) an accusation with no evidence. This book contains bullies, a false contest, and a poor character everyone can't help but adore. Gil, who bears a resemblance to Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl, (a nice old classic which I feel everyone should have read),is a lifelike character who is not at all at home in his hometown,but is constantly experiencing a "too-good-to-be-true" type of sensation. What kid wouldn't want to have Gil's experience, and get to go to a perfect toy factory? The Gollywhopper Games is an exciting book and I think that most fans of fiction will enjoy it as much as I have. I (literally) could not put it down!

Click on the link to visit the official website.

thanks,

A.S.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy novels, but lots of other kinds of books, too. Do you ever read non fiction or historical non-fiction?

    I like to travel, so a friend introduced me to the Royal Diaries, that follow brave and wise kids from many countries and cultures all over the world.

    http://www.kidsreads.com/series/series-royal-diaries-titles.asp

    I bet you'd enjoy them. (I'm serious)

    -Youngest of 5

    ReplyDelete