Saturday, October 8, 2011

Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Witches. Vampires. Humans. What luck that I stumble on a nice Gothic read just in time for Halloween! From what I hear about Twilight, (No, I have not actually read the series) this book is very good for its fans.

I like books that are "fantangence" (a combination of science and magic and a wee bit of fantasy). Other fans of this genre should enjoy her other books, which include In the Forests of the Night and Shattered Mirror. 

In Demon in My View, Jessica is a typical outcast at her high school. Only she's also a fairly well-known author under the pseudonym of Ash Night (of course). And then her characters turn out to be real, and she finds out that the vampire community she has unwittingly revealed is not pleased. An understatement, in fact--they are furious. Only one thing stops them from silencing her forever (and it is more of a who)--Aubrey, one of --if not THE-- most powerful vampire(s) in her "story".

I hope you like Jessica and Aubrey's tale as much as I did!


click here to visit the author's website.

-A.S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment